Glass Doctor of Southwest Florida 17030 Alico Commerce Ct Ste 303, Ft. Myers, FL 33967
Home Glass Repair
Repairing or replacing your entry door, patio door or French door glass is a fast and inexpensive way to increase your homes value.
In order to improve the resale value of their property, many homeowners believe the best approach is by renovating their kitchen and bathrooms. However, creating an entry way that's not only functional but inviting is a much less expensive and faster way of adding spice to any home.
Recent estimates from a leading window manufacturer suggest the possibility that as many as sixty million door windows need replacement. There are many manufacturers that used Styrene material in the past for door window frame manufacturing. Many of these began became brittle and yellow over time. The Glass Doctor can restore your broken door glass or replace it with upgraded doorlites. Entryways can be renovated by cutting new windows into existing doors as well. Additionally, matching side windows can also be installed on each side of front entry doors.
A doorlite is a glass door insert with a small frame. Many newer homes today will have at least one entryway with a door having a doorlite installed. If your entry doors currently have these, you can upgrade them easily. For doors not having doorlites, an opening can be cut into fiberglass or steel doors for installation.
Some of the more popular glass door inserts will include:
- Decorative glass having matching side window panes
- Energy-efficient glass
- Double-pane windows with sliding blinds
- All-weather glass meeting or exceeding current regulations
When contacting your local Glass Doctor facility and requesting an estimate regarding doorlite installation, please have the following details available:
- Glass Type - Tinted or clear? Low E? Grids outside, inside, or between the glass? Decorative etched glass? Blinds inside the glass?
- Door Type - Is there any existing door windows or will new openings need to be cut? Is your door wooden, fiberglass or steel? A door window insert can't be cut into a wooden door.
- Shape and Size - Always measure outside the frame when determining approximate glass size. A doorlite class size is approximately 2 inches smaller than outside framing.
- Glass Application - Is your insert framed or flush glazed? In other words, is the glass even with the door or is there a window frame? Doorlite frames will not work with a flush glazed door as most of these are fiberglass.
- Door Location - Is your door side entry, double entry, front entry, sliding patio or hinged patio?
By partnering with Western Reflections, the Glass Doctor is able to receive in stock doorlite items the very next business day. Western Reflections has one of the more comprehensive product lines in the industry. Additionally, doorlites have a twenty year prorated warranty plus non-yellowing top-performance frames.
All doors will require either laminated or tempered safety glass. Many doors manufactured today have insulated glass for increasing energy efficiency. We are able to match almost any insulated safety glazing item.
Glass Doctor is able to provide all kinds of decorative glass products for doors including tinted and fitted glass, customized sandblasted logos, details and pictures.
- Storm Doors
- French Doors
- Frameless Tempered Glass Entry Doors
- Cabinet Doors
- Patio Doors
- Sliding Glass Doors